Monday 30 August 2010

Introduction

The Issue- Energy.

We all use it, we all need it. At the moment though, we are developing more and more energy-intensive processes: not just the increasingly powerful gadgets that adorn the local technology shops in all their forms, but also heating/cooling, commercial uses (including making the materials needed for those gadgets!), transport, massive data centres and many more. With these increases in electricity usage, we will need, both in the short and long term, better processes to generate electricity.

The purpose of this blog is to explore different ways to approach the problem of energy for the future. This will range from the very small (a smart grid for the home?) to the very large (how about using electric car batteries to store surplus electricity?). I will also think about transport, both for people and freight.

I am a university undergraduate, and as such not an expert in this field. What I lack in in-depth knowledge, however, I make up in enthusiasm, problem solving and ideas. Because of this, I would greatly appreciate any feedback on any ideas contained within this blog- whether it is a company director of a power meter I am testing or just a interested reader.

I have many ideas already on things to write about, so I'll get working on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment